- 2 chopped Onions (you can use red or white, I have even used Welsh Onions from my garden)
- 3 pints of chicken stock
- A handful of Grated cheese
- Chop the onions, and fry them gently in the butter.
- Once the onions are soft, add the chicken stock.
- Add the grated cheese, stir until melted.
- Blitz with your stick blender.
- Season to taste.
A slight variation that another friend came up with, was to make the soup without the cheese. Then make cheese on toast, once the soup is in the bowl float the cheese and toast on top. I have to admit that I love this version too, and it makes my lunch a bit more filling.